[tex-live] problem printing: initgs: can't find fsdll32.dll

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 21:39:38 +0200

* Bert Van Landeghem <bvanlan@tijd.com> writes:
> PSLATEX. I got an error message that said: "initgs: can't find
> gsdll32.dll

> the system can't find the requested file"

> The printer produced a document, but the output was a disaster. The
> layout was not respected, strange symbols were printed and no graph
> came out. Do you know what the problem is?

You need some version of Ghostscript, preferably 5.50 or later. Windvi
should be able to find GS by looking into the registry or you can set
your PATH so that it includes the GS binary directory. It sould solve
part of your problem. Now do not forget to specify the mf mode and
bdpi options of windvi for your printer:

c:\>windvi -p 720 -mfmode epsty foo.dvi

for example.

Fabrice