[tex-live] sourceforge for texk?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:33:26 +0100

Tomas G. Rokicki writes:
 > Yes yes yes!  That would be great!  I'd definitely encourage all
 > of TeX Live to be on sourceforge.  Sourceforge is based on cvs, is
 > it not?  I really think that's the way to go.
 >
 > Perforce is better than sourceforge at most things (I find), mostly
 > having to do with keeping multi-file changes together, but using
 > CVS is fine if we can get it out there on some public site . . .

I have just set up jadetex as a sourceforge project, so I can get some
experience with it. Yes, its all CVS-based. It also has the advantage
that they provide machines of various flavours on which to compile
things.

I am now very much inclined to take the whole texlive set of sources into
sourceforge, not just dvipsk, to give a single point of contact for
the quite extensive set of stuff clustered around web2c and "texk". A
brief look reveals all of

bibtex8 chktex cjkutils dtl dvi2tty dvidvi dviljk dvipdfm dvipsk
gsftopk ispell lacheck ltx2rtf makeindexk musixflx odvipsk owindvi
oxdvik ps2pkm seetexk tex4htk texlive ttf2pfb ttf2pk ttfdump web2c
windvi xdvik

most of which are NOT in a public repository. the trouble is, of
course, is getting all the authors to agree to this...

Sebastian