[tex-live] fc bug report and Kpathsea feature request

Janusz S. Bień jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl
18 Dec 2001 13:01:24 +0100

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001  Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

[...]

> I hope this is corrected in TL7, though I have not yet tested it

Fine, I will have look at it as soon as possible, which unfortunately
does not mean immediately.

> > Bugs like this one can be easily discovered in time if a tool exists
> > to check all the TFMs on CD and to generate all fonts for them. The
> > prerequisite for such a tool is a program, say `kpselist', which would
> > list all the files (with the full path names) of a given type.
> >
> > The `kpselist' program would allow also for a substantially better
> > integration of AucTeX with TeXLive.
>
>  all it needs is for someone to write the tool!

I have a feeling that for a fluent C programmer writing `kpselist' it
just a trivial adaptation of `kpsewhich'. The primary question is: do
we all agree that such a program would be useful?

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,