installation TeX Live 4

George Robertsson george@anchem.su.se
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:13:08 +0200

Dear TeX support

I have great problems when installing TeX Live 4 March 1999. The machine
used is an Toshiba Satelite PRO CDT410, a Pentium 166Mhz or 200MHz. The disk
is 800Mb and the only software installed is  a minimum Windows 95 (approx
130 Mb. Directly after installation of recomended TeX the system starts to
delete all files in the \TeX directory and the procedure stops when all
TeX-files and TeX-direcories are erased. Have you experienced this before?
Can you give me some advice?

I had some problem reading \texmf\web2c\texmf.cnf and
\texmf\ttf2pk\unicode.sfd but I do not think this is the origin of my
problem.

I intend to write my Ph.D. thesis on LaTeX2e so I have to solve this
problem.

Sincerely
George Robertsson