Anomalous DVIPS behaviour

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor@exch1.rhbnc.ac.uk
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 12:08:13 +0100

Dear Fabrice --

> Isn't there any way to make dvips shut up, much like xdvi ?

None that I know of, but I'm more concerned about the
fact that it _thinks_ I have images when I know d@mned
well I do not than I am about the noise it makes...

> Alternatively, remove the -src option in the call to latex in winedt.

I am more confused than ever; it seems that WinEdt, out of the box,
uses MikTeX in preference to fpTeX, and I saw no installation
option to ask it to use fpTeX.  However, on checking the conf'n,
I see that it launches TeX.Bat, which contains :

	@ECHO OFF
	TEX.EXE %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
	pause

Thus there _is_ no -src option specified, and the DviType/Grep
combination appears to confirm that there are no specials in
the DVI file.  So what the h@ll is persuading DVIPS that I have
images?!

** Phil.