Copying conditions for TeX Live 5c

Kristoffer.Rose@ens-lyon.fr Kristoffer.Rose@ens-lyon.fr
Wed, 31 May 2000 11:27:42 +0200 (CEST)

Myself:

>   (aka "Open Source").  Thus TeX Live 5 may, unlike TeX Live 4, be
>   freely copied and distributed, and the full sources are available for
>   all parts of the system for those who wish to see how it was put
>   together or experiment with modifications.

Sebastian:

> this would imply that it was *not* true for TL4. in fact, the contents
> are almost identical. certainly no new material, like sources, have
> been added.

Indeed.  So how about the simple

  (aka "Open Source").  Thus TeX Live 5 does not, unlike TeX Live 4,
  contain any files that prevent it from being freely copied and
  distributed.

In addition I would really like if we could add somewhere that

  Furthermore, the CTAN archives contain full sources for all programs
  and packages on TeX Live 5 for those who wish to see how it was put
  together or experiment with modifications.

because that is an important point of the DFSG.

Reading is,
		Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer H. Rose, phd, prof.associé  <http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~krisrose>
LIP, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, 46 Allée d'Italie, F-69364 Lyon 07