changlog from TeX Live 3 to 4 ?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:54:17 +0100 (BST)

pierre.frenkiel@cdf.in2p3.fr writes:
 > hi,
 > Is there somewhere a document describing the main improvements on
 > the TeX Live 4 cd with respect to the previous one?
 > Same question question for the TeX Live 5 to come.
 >
 > If the answer is "nowhere", it would be a good idea to write this document,
 > at least for the main features.

I agree, it would be nice. Each version of the documentation says a
little about it, but not in great detail.

But the answer is always the same. the changes are

 - keeping up to date with releases of font and macro packages
    (literally hundreds of them change each year)
 - finding and fixing errors
 - keeping up with the current sources of the TeX family of programs
 - improving the install programs

sebastian