TL5 alpha3 (rep.2)

Thomas Esser te@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:50:02 +0100 (MET)

> i would like to point out, though, that the type 1 collection does
> not include all the sizes for which metafonts were initially created.

It is possible to fill the gaps with map file entries for dvips / pdftex:
  eurm9 EURM10 <eurm10.pfb
This is what I do in teTeX. Most people don't even notice anything about
the missing type1 fonts.

> may i also point out that the mflogo fonts in the ams/bluesky type 1
> collection don't have the "P" and "S" needed for "metapost".  this

For teTeX, I use Taco's versions of these fonts. He has changed the
fontnames (uppercase vs. lowercase) in his fonts, so they can be used
as drop-in replacements for the ams/bluesky fonts.

In teTeX, the ams/bluesky type 1 fonts are insubdirectories of "bluesky".
I can change that to ams if this is what everyone agrees on.

Thomas