minor bug report

Peter Flynn pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:54:54 +0000 (GMT)

> I've detected a minor bug in the TeXLive package (version from March 2000).
> I use LaTeX with PostScript Times as default roman font, and want to use
> PostScript Helvetica font as default sans. The Helvetica is bigger than
> Times, but this can be fixed using command

No, this is "correct". The xheight of Helvetica is bigger than the
xheight of Times, and the times.sty package shows this correctly.
Typosgraphically both fonts *are* 10pt in this package.

Don't use times.sty if you want things to look like Word. Use
pslatex.sty instead, as this implements the correction you describe.

///Peter