minor bug report

Michal Sevcenko SITE sevcenko@vc.cvut.cz
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:33:09 +0100

Hello,

I've detected a minor bug in the TeXLive package (version from March 2000).
I use LaTeX with PostScript Times as default roman font, and want to use
PostScript Helvetica font as default sans. The Helvetica is bigger than
Times, but this can be fixed using command

  \usepackage[scaled=0.9]{helvet}

in the document preable (this is some new feature of LaTeX). However when I
want to typeset in Czech language and use \usepackage{czech} command,
Helvetica is not scaled. Please try this example:

  \documentclass{article}
  \usepackage{czech} % when you remove this line, sans font is scaled
  \usepackage{times}
  \usepackage[scaled=0.5]{helvet}
  \begin{document}
  This is {\sf sans-serif} text.
  \end{document}

Is this the intent? Do you have any suggestions how to work-over it?

Thank you very much for your response.

 with best regards

  Michal Sevcenko