TeX Live 5d

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:20:13 +0100

Himanshu Gohel writes:

 > Since I haven't had to do this myself, I can't be a 100% sure about
 > this:
 >
 > You can create mips-3 binaries on a mips-4 bases machine such as
 > an O2/Onyx etc.

We use an O2 set up for building mips3 executables, so I am 100% sure :-)
The problem at the time was that the binaries, regardless of whether they
were built on this build host or a real mips3 machine, were unsusable.
So, having a set for mips4 machines was better than nothing.
Recently, when I looked at it again, I finally pinpointed the problem
(a third party program used for building binaries produced faulty code
on old Indys, and only there) and could make new binaries for mips3.
They run fine here and will be uploaded to texlive's web site soon.

Sebastian Rahtz writes:

 > if you can find someone who knows how to do this, and wants to take
 > the burden of compiling SGI TeXLive away from Kaja, I am sure we'd all be
 > delighted.

I certainly would :-)

Kaja