TeXLive5's web connection

Stéphane Lepolozec Stéphane Lepolozec
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:57:53 +0200

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C00C1F.7040FA80

Hello, I live in France and I downloaded the image Iso 9660 (20000710) =
of TeXLive 5 from ftp.oleane.net/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive.
At the time of the complete installation, the requests for access to the =
Web site for the additional packages (as the French package) does not =
seem to succeed.  The attempts at connection on the target site, =
www.ese-metz.fr, do not answer even apart from the installation of Tex.
Is this normal?
Is the site corresponding to a university closed during the summer =
holidays?
Is it about a connection requiring a login and which?
Why directly not use the CTAN for this installation?
Cordially yours.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C00C1F.7040FA80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV align=3Djustify>Hello, I live in France and I downloaded the image =
Iso 9660=20
(20000710) of TeXLive 5&nbsp;from <A=20
href=3D"ftp://ftp.oleane.net/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive">ftp.oleane.net/pub=
/CTAN/systems/texlive</A>.</DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify>At the time of the complete installation, the =
requests for=20
access to the Web site for the additional packages (as the French =
package) does=20
not seem to succeed.&nbsp; The attempts at connection on the target =
site, <A=20
href=3D"http://www.ese-metz.fr">www.ese-metz.fr</A>, do not answer even =
apart from=20
the installation of Tex.</DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify>Is this normal?</DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify>Is the site corresponding to a university closed =
during the=20
summer holidays?</DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify>Is it about a connection requiring a login and =
which?</DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify>Why directly not use the CTAN for this =
installation?</DIV>
<DIV align=3Djustify>Cordially yours.<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C00C1F.7040FA80--