Dante's offer

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 11:22:59 +0100 (BST)

Arthur Ogawa writes:

 > Karl and Rainer, could you please copy your correspondence
 > concerning this machine to mailto:texlive@tug.org? So far I am
 > completely in the dark and only
 > have what Mimi Jet has written to go on.

There's not much to be said, really. We'll have a box where the master
tree for TeX Live will reside, and selected people will be able to
connect to it using ftp or telnet to change that tree. I will install
my master sausage machine there, and set up a Web interface so that
anyone can update TL to a new version of eg a LaTeX package like
"tocbibind" just by filling in a few fields. Thes box will serve up
CD images (how publicly, we decide next year; in the short term, just
to people on this list, so that they can test things)

the only discussion was about sysadmin and the like.

Sebastian