[tug-pub] tex live status

Richard Detwiler tex-live@tug.org
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:43:09 -0800

Karl et al,

Our crystal ball is probably as good as any since we have all new and
renewed members in our data base and records of demand for TeX Live 3 for
the second half of 1998. As noted in another e-mail directed to Patricia I
promised a forecast of the need by the TUG office by end of the day Monday.
The last two TUGboat mailing numbers have little bearing on the numbers for
volume 20.1. We were carrying nearly 500 people in 1998 who had not paid
1998 dues. More than 100 of them did pay after a December mailing and almost
all of that 100 renewed for 1999 at the same time. Those who did not respond
will be dropped from the mailing list.  The mailing list for much of 1998
had many inaccuracies both in numbers and the data within records. That is
no longer the situation. - Richard Detwiler