[tex-k] How extra space in log may be fixed after \batchmode

Igor Liferenko igor.liferenko at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 07:51:56 CET 2020

Hi Wolfgang,

> TeX terminates every but the last line with a write_ln statement.
> This is for systems that treat the end_of_line marker as a line separator.

I don't understand what a "line separator" is, and how it differs from
"eoln at the end of the last line". Please give an example of system where
this is applicable.

> An extra eoln at the end of the last line would produce an empty line.

"last line" means right before exiting the program. And on unix eoln
marker is needed, as you say. But my goto.patch does just that:
it puts eoln marker right before exiting the program. So, theoretically
it should be equivalent to your change-file. Where is the difference?

Incidentally, why "write_ln" is used here?

    write_ln(term_out,"Buffer size exceeded!");

(I work around it in my goto.patch by not adding `wterm_cr', otherwise I get
an empty line.)

Greetings,

Igor