[tex-k] bugs & suggestions on The METAFONTbook

胡亚捷 (Hu Yajie) 2500418497 at qq.com
Fri Jun 26 16:44:19 CEST 2020

Page C251, answer 22.1
`Iff' may be unfamiliar to a non-mathematical reader.

Page C254, answer 27.1
Change
    ? h
    I found no right delimiter to match a left one. So I've
    put one in, behind the scenes; this may fix the problem.
    ?
    ? h
    I found no right delimiter to match a left one. So I've
    put one in, behind the scenes; this may fix the problem.

    ?
(or at least use a smallskip). Also it would be better to type an
uppercase `H' as Chapter 5 preferred.

Appendix I
`A'
    Add pages 10--11 (which describe a stick-figure `A')?

`B\'ezier, Pierre Etienne'
    Should there be an acute accent over the `E' in the middle name?
    (Wikipedia implies so, but some sources don't.)

`ligtable'
    Change `305' to `305--306' (since there is only one ligtable command
    on page 305 but five on page 306).

`openwindow'
    Change `312--313' to `312'.

`pens'
    Change `21--39' to `21--29'.

`polygonal path'
    Change `24' to `24--25'?

`sans-serif'
    Perhaps delete `305' since that page describes only serif'd settings?

inconsistencies, in general
1.
    addition of vectors, 9, @68.
    sum, ... \sub of vectors, 9.