[tex-k] bibtex: Not writing to .build/main.blg (openout_any = p).

Tohiko Looka toh.looka at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:12:51 CEST 2020

Hi Karl,

> Indeed, there is a second restriction: names can't start with ".",
> with either openout_any=r or =p. Much too much chance of planting
> trojans. From texmf.cnf:
I see. It's weird that pdflatex seemingly had no problem with it though.

Also, IMO, allowing dotfiles is less risky than allowing parent
directories, since the later might access or overwrite sensitive data
while the first would only hide files, so I wish there was a way to
enable dotfiles but disable going to parent directories.

-- Tohiko