[tex-k] poppler-0.87 compatibility problem

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sun Apr 5 21:59:55 CEST 2020

Hi Mikle,

On Sun, 05 Apr 2020, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
> Hello, in Gentoo we have received a bug referenced at [1].
> Would be nice to have the fix included before texlive-2020.

Sorry, that will not work out, the sources of TL are frozen since long,
and we are testing already the ISO images.

We will see whether this can be fixed after release in the sources, but
that leaves gentoo (and all other dists) with the need to patch the
sources.

Now, if poppler would be come adult at some point and stop breaking
everything in practically each release, that would be the best ...

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev