[tex-k] One quick fix

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Oct 26 23:53:56 CEST 2019

      register ssize_t n = readlink (fn, sym, BSIZE);
      fixes that warning

Ok, thanks.

     (plus you can likely get rid of the register modifier

Definitely.

By the way, the kpathsea code does not use (s)size_t because I wrote it
before those types existed. Even after they were invented, for many
years systems were notably inconsistent, not to say erroneous, in how
and whether they were defined and/or used, causing all kinds of useless
compile-time grief. I worry that might still be the case sometimes, but
I guess we'll find out. --thanks, karl.