[tex-k] xdvi starts up without showing option menu in right side of window

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Wed Nov 13 13:00:07 CET 2019

Le 13 nov. 2019 à 12:46, Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> a écrit :

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 09:30:15AM +0100, jfbu wrote:
>> It seems reasonable the 'x' key was accidentally hit
>
>  Yes, that’s what Paul and I have been saying.

No: Paul said

> Le 13 nov. 2019 à 04:59, Paul Vojta <vojta at math.berkeley.edu> a écrit :
>
>> You set the xdvi.expertMode when you hit the 'x' key (or actually xdvi does
>> that when you press 'x').

and did not state that 'x' was a toggle, which may have been obvious
to you but not to me for reasons I explained regarding my not
too frequent use of xdvi binary. I discovered that hitting the 'x' key
made the menus appear. Only later could I find that 'x' again also
made them disappear.

Besides the problematic .xdvirc for me contains xdvi.expertMode:	0
which I interpret as turning off the expert mode, and I read Paul
message as informing me that hitting 'x' would turn *on* the expertMode
hence solving my problem and registering xdvi.expertMode: 7 in .xdvirc
hence it was only confirmation of what I knew.

>> Good to see you are contributing to maintain the warm and
>> welcoming atmosphere,
>
>  I have found you unpleasant on mailing lists, particularly TeX Live,
> for years.

Really, so you simply admit for being prejudiced against me, for
some reasons which you keep private?

Could it as simple as not liking my pseudo "jfbu" ?

Could you please substantiate your claims, I am ready to
discuss any single occurrence where I had to express myself
in a possibly strong way.

>  I don’t think I ever said a word to you.  If you find the
> atmosphere bad, perhaps you should consider your own contribution to it.

Substantiate please.

jfbu