[tex-k] Suggestion about exercise 17.20 in TeXbook

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 20 00:25:48 CEST 2019

    So, it means "distribution of TeX".

Well, yes, although "distribution" in a very generic sense.  He wrote
that sentence long before the current concept of "distribution" (either
TeX or OS) existed.

    So, I don't see the point of this remark.

The point of exercise 17.20 is not to explain how to typeset bold math
in practice (an exercise would not be the place for that, anyway), but
to discuss math codes in principle.

    Wouldn't it be more informative just to say something like "(An
    example of such font is cmmib10.)"?

Sounds reasonable, notwithstanding the above. I'll run it by the others.
--thanks, karl.