[tex-k] Web2C: "-parse-first-line" does not work in on-line file prompt.

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Sep 26 12:34:55 CEST 2018

  I presume that by “ABCDE” you mean the five volumes of “Computers &
Typesetting”.

>> wording of the banner in this particular case was explicitly requested
>> by Donald Knuth
>
> Does anybody know on which page of ABCDE can one find an explanation
> for such a request?

 You won’t find it.  “Computers & Typesetting” is not the Bible, or the
constitution of a country -- I’m even certain that Don Knuth would be
troubled by either of these comparisons -- it doesn’t define everything
that can possibly happen when developing a TeX distribution.

	Best,

		Arthur