[tex-k] Web2C: "-parse-first-line" does not work in on-line file prompt.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Sep 18 23:54:00 CEST 2018

    Why "Test 2" does not work?

I can't give you an exegesis of the source code. See parse_first_line in
web2c/lib/texmfmp.c. But in short, I believe it's because the .fmt has
already been read in the case you're looking at. There is nothing in the
code that will reread a second .fmt, as I recall.

This is nothing I plan to work on. If you can provide a patch to the
code, documentation, and a test case, it's possible ... -k