[tex-k] bibtex implementation issue in TL2017?

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Thu Feb 22 09:14:09 CET 2018

Dear Akira, Karl

sorry for the false alarm.

It is of course the issue that in the bbl the bibtex style adds a
citation to the crossref.

because of that min-crossrefs doesn't have any effect any longer since
now the .aux files always contains all 3 citations.

That is logical from the way the process works, but not really intuitive
for a user, is it?

but there isn't anything that can be done about that, other than
documenting your advice

> Please don't forget to remove all created
> files by the previous run before testing a
> new option in bibtex to obrain my results.

thanks for your patience
frank