[tex-k] Problem with "mf" online display in GNOME

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 27 00:42:03 CEST 2017

Thanks Paul and Igor.

    I can work up a similar patch for x11-Xlib.c (I think).
    Expose events can be handled via backing-store, as is done in Xt.

Well, before you spend your time doing that, I guess I should try to
research why I switched TL from xt to xlib. I did it to fix some
breakage, but have no memory of specifics.  Maybe it was just to reduce
crazy compilation dependencies, but I think there was some particular
problem, more likely related to compilation than to runtime behavior.

Norbert, hence, I suppose you are fine using xt in debian (as you wrote
me separately). If you have any patches in this area, let me know ... -k