[tex-k] Problem with "mf" online display in GNOME

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 27 00:42:00 CEST 2017

    P.S. Is it possible to reduce the present build even more, to a bare
    minimum - just to get a working "mf" binary? (for example, how to exclude
    luatex and libicu builds?)

In essence, you have to --enable-web2c and then explicitly disable all
the unwanted "subpackages" (engines) under web2c.

Below is a command that disables everything (plus other debugging stuff
at the beginning which should be adjusted to taste) and then enables
mf. I have not actually this with mf, so maybe there are complications.

I hope to work out some new --enable or --disable to avoid having to
explicitly list all the web2c "subpackages", but I won't be able to
think about it for some time. --good luck, karl.

cd .../Build/source
mkdir tryb
cd tryb
./configure CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g \
  --prefix=`pwd`/Insttest \
  --enable-native-texlive-build \
  --enable-cxx-runtime-hack \
  --disable-shared \
  --disable-all-pkgs \
  --enable-web2c \
  --disable-synctex \
  --disable-web-progs \
  --disable-tex --disable-etex \
  --disable-pdftex \
  --disable-ptex --disable-eptex --disable-uptex --disable-euptex \
  --disable-aleph \
  --disable-luatex --disable-luajittex \
  --disable-mp --disable-pmp --disable-upmp \
  --disable-xetex \
  --disable-mf-nowin --disable-mflua --disable-mfluajit \
  --enable-mf --with-x