[tex-k] luatex font bug: "checksum mismatch" warnings on 64bit system

Igor Liferenko igor.liferenko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:23:48 CET 2016

Hi all,

On 26/02/2016, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> This is complaining that a number is not equal to itself, clearly a
> representation problem as you describe.  I think you should report it,
> with your analysis, on tracker.luatex.org.  Perhaps it is already fixed
> in the current code.  The LuaTeX maintainers do not follow tex-k.  -k

I reported it here: http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=965

The response was that no problem was seen. But do get this warning. So
I investigated some more and discovered a strange thing: when luatex
is run from current directory, it loads only myfont.ofm, but when it
is run not from current directory, it tries to load also myfont.ovf
and cmb10.tfm (for the complete explanation see
http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=965#c1580)

Why luatex loads different files depending from which directory it is
run? Is it something in TeX Live that causes this difference in
behavior, or it is the problem with luatex?

Regards,
Igor