[tex-k] List of file type NAMEs in the TL doc

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Wed Aug 19 14:46:38 CEST 2015

> Le 19 août 2015 à 14:32, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> a écrit :
>
> Or am I missing something?

Answering my own message: I should have read more closely, the answer is in the kpathsea doc, namely the name list has been moved from -help to -help-formats.

So its seems the texlive and kpsewhich docs have just to be updated in two places:

- For texlive, to refer to --help-formats instead of --help.

- For "kpsewhich --help", to replace "see list below" by some mention of -help-formats.

Or was the point of having a list in --help to provide a more readable list, similar to that in the kpathsea manual, rather than the very technical output of --help-formats?

Bruno