[tex-k] epstopdf: using eps libraries

Marcel Tünnissen marcelteun at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 09:51:51 CET 2012

Hi,

I have some eps files that I want to include in my latex document.
Apparently
pdflatex runs epstopdf. The problem is that my eps file includes some
libraries that are eps file as well and my gs doesn't allow them to be run
unless you set the '-dNOSAFER' option.

For this reason I tried to convert one file with:
$ /usr/bin/epstopdf --nogs --gscmd='gs -dNOSAFER'
-o=pics/triangles-eps-converted-to.pdf pics/triangles.eps

But then my pfdlatex gives the following message:

<use ./pics/heptagons-eps-converted-to.pdf>Syntax Warning: May not be a PDF
file (continuing anyway)
Syntax Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Syntax Error: Couldn't read xref table

$ epstopdf --version
epstopdf ($Id: epstopdf.pl 26570 2012-05-22 16:14:37Z karl $) 2.18

$ gs --version
9.06

I tried to look in the archive (using NOSAFER, but it didn't give me so
much)

Thanks for any help, regards,
Marcel

ps Please reply to all, since I am not a subscriber to the list.