[tex-k] XeLaTeX compiling issue(s)

Robert Diaz rdiaz at fullcoll.edu
Mon Aug 13 08:58:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

I want to report that:

I am a MacTeX 2012 user on an intel Mac using 10.8

First, in order to be able to use XeLaTeX on my favorite editor (TeXStudio), I had to perform the following operations:

1. Start Terminal.
2. Type cd ~/
3. Type touch .bash_profile
4.Type open -e .bash_profile
5. Added export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/texlive/2012/bin/x86_64-darwin
saved and exited.
6.Type . .bash_profile

Second,

When running XeLaTeX, I receive the following message:

Process started: /usr/texbin/xelatex -synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode "notes".tex

** WARNING ** 177 memory objects still allocated You may want to report this to tex-k at tug.org

Process exited normally

I am not sure if you can do something about the first, but I am just following the advice of the output for the second.

Thanks,

Robert