[tex-k] Adding new formats to kpathsea

Philip Kime philkime at kime.org.uk
Sun Sep 25 16:46:07 CEST 2011

Greetings,
  I am the maintainer of biber and I'm wondering what is thought about adding a couple of new formats to kpathsea. biber can directly read .ris (RIS bibliography files) and also is working on a new format "BibLaTeXML" which has extension ".bltxml". It can also read Endnote and Zotero XML exports which tend to just have ".xml" extension. What is the feeling about adding ".ris" and ".bltxml" to the kpathsea format specifications so people can just do:

kpathsea foo.ris

etc. Without getting an "unknown format" error? I expect that the ".xml" extension is a bit generic to add as a new format but perhaps not?

PK

--
Dr Philip Kime