[tex-k] texLive 2011 updmap problem

Dick Nickalls dicknickalls at doctors.org.uk
Tue Sep 6 19:39:24 CEST 2011

Norbert,

>It is already gone by now. I have changed updmap so that it does not
>require anything special now, should even run with 5.8.4 ...

excellent  :-)

>If you update your texlive installation today or the following days
>you should get an updmap perl script that runs on your computer.

well - Karl sent me a copy of  updmap.pl  vers 23807, and  this works OK with my Mandriva Linux box + TL2011 installed.

however, I notice that  it does not generate the
.../texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/..... stuff
(this /is/ generated by  the equiv bash script of TL2010)
so I don't know whether this is as expected or not

anyway - so fa so good - thanks all.

regards,
Dick
---------