[tex-k] Size limitation for dvips output files

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 24 01:28:36 CEST 2010

Hi Akira,

    I think there is no 2G limit for the output file in the
    present dvips even in 32bit systems.

Right, as I already explained, there is no limit specifically in dvips.
I can only surmise that on w32 the compiler does 64-bit file stuff by
default.  Unless you did a ton of 64-bit stuff in w32tex, did you? (I
wonder if your tex has 32/64 conflicts, have to dig up those test cases
..)  And I already explained why this is not the case on Unix.

Thanks,