[tex-k] ChkTeX build test failure

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue May 18 16:12:43 CEST 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Jindrich Novy wrote:

> build log suggests to post the build failure results to this list so
> I'm doing so. FYI, it was first broken May 9th.

Hi Jindrich,

that is probably because before 2010-05-10 9:49:37 UTC chktex was not
automatically built and you probably haven't configured with
'--enable-chktex'.

> Link to full log is here:
> http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/buildlog-texlive

This looks as if the test output `chktest' is real bad.

What is your gcc version?

BTW: No need to mkdir inst and inst/texmf, 'make install' will do that
automatically.

Could you please:

(1) run 'make -k check' in the top-level build directory, i.e.,
/home/jnovy/rpm/BUILD/texlive-2010/source/work and see if any more tests
fail.

(2) try to build without CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in the environment, but instead
use CC='gcc -m64' CXX='g++ -m64' as configure arguments.  I think there are some
components that don't properly honor CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.

Although unlikely, your flags (fortify etc) could have caused the problem.

You could use '--disable-all-pkgs', '--enable-chktex' to build just that one
directory (although all of them will be configured).  This would speed up
things enormously.

When you do a final build with '--enable-shared' you should (must) use the
correct prefix where the libraries shall be installed.  You can still do a
staged install via DESTDIR.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>