[tex-k] lcdf-typetools and TeX live

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Mar 3 13:35:48 CET 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:

>> - You libtoolized this?
>
> Necessary, since libkpathsea is a libtool library, that might be static,
> shared, or both. Only used to link otftotfm.

Correction: libtool is used to link all programs, but that has no effect
except for otftotfm.  It is needed when linking with an unistalled libtool
library (i.e., libkpathsea.la from the TeX live build tree) and might be
needed with an installed shared libkapthsea -- I am using such an animal
since ages.  In the latter case libtool provides the -rpath or analogous if
that library is installed in an unusual place (such as /usr/local/tex/lib or
/usr/local/tex/lib/PLATFORM).

Regards,
Peter