[tex-k] Font cache problem

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Nov 2 21:01:05 CET 2006

    \RequirePackage[T1]{fontenc}
    in the class file that I was using. When I remove this, pdflatex no
    longer invokes mktextfm to make the ecrm1200 font files. It's
    presumably obsolete now anyway. (It had been there for a long time.)

Just for the record, [T1]{fontenc} isn't obsolete.  It's still the best
way to use T1-encoded fonts, which is still the most common way to get
pre-accented western European characters (for purposes of hyphenation,
etc.).

But this may not matter for your purposes, and so that's fine :).

Glad it's working better for you now.

Best,
Karl