[tex-k] [tex-live] make = gmake?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jul 26 19:54:56 CEST 2006

    At that time the decision was to use only stock make features and not
    use gnu extensions. Is this still uphold?

I don't know.  How important is the parallel building to you?  I am not
sure, but I have the impression that several of the Unix TL builds are
done with other makes (BSD, in particular; maybe MacOSX, not sure).
Although installing gnu make is easy enough, adding new requirements of
volunteers is still something to avoid if we can.

Thanks,
karl