[tex-k] bug in either fourier-bb or in dvips

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jul 12 23:37:35 CEST 2006

    now this resulting eps fil has the wrong bounding box (it's way too wide).

Indeed, I get
%%BoundingBox: -20 709 100 718
which is 120bp wide.  Kind of a big character :).

    I do not know whether this is caused by fourier-bb or dvips.

Well, adding \setbox0=\hbox{N}\showbox0
shows that the tfm width is 7.54999pt, which seems fine.  (Not proof of
anything, I know, but indicative.)

I'm not completely sure if there is something in the character
description which goes way out of bounds, but I don't think so.  I'll
attach the output I got from t1disasm fourier-bb.pfb.

So I suppose it is a bug in dvips -E.  Akira, Tom, or Tom, maybe one of
you could delve into it?  I'll attach the dvi/eps files I'm getting, for
concreteness.  (Same as Lars, tex fbb.tex && dvips -E -o fbb.eps fbb.dvi)

Thanks,
Karl