[tex-k] dynamically loading \patterns

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 11 02:50:16 CET 2005

    But TeXk does (if I recall correctly) pass the trip test.

True.  My point was that it already can't be called TeX, so changing
\patterns to not give the error is no bigger of a change
(administratively) than anything else that's been done.

As we know, lots of the standard config file settings also imply trip
not being passed -- so there could just be one more setting
"patterns.accumulate = 1" (or whatever, I'm not seriously proposing that
name) by default, and have that turned off for trip.