[tex-k] vftovp strange behaviour

Patrick Gundlach texkml at contextgarden.net
Tue Jul 12 15:47:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am currently experiencing a strange behaviour with vftovp.

When I supply the vf and tfm file as a parameter to vftovp and these
files are in some other directory, the tfm is not found, and vftopl
fails (but does not set the error code to something != 0).

$ vftovp --version
VFtoVP 1.3 (Web2C 7.5.4)
kpathsea version 3.5.4

$ ls -l output/foo.{tfm,vf}
-rw-r--r--  1 pg pg 4364 Jul 12 15:34 output/foo.tfm
-rw-r--r--  1 pg pg 1324 Jul 12 15:34 output/foo.vf

$ vftovp output/foo.vf output/foo.tfm > /dev/null   <----- fails
---not loaded, TFM file can't be opened!
Bad VF file: Character 0 in font 0 will be ignored
Bad VF file: Character 1 in font 0 will be ignored
Bad VF file: Character 2 in font 0 will be ignored
Bad VF file: Character 3 in font 0 will be ignored
Bad VF file: Character 4 in font 0 will be ignored
Bad VF file: Character 5 in font 0 will be ignored
Bad VF file: Character 255 in font 0 will be ignored

$ echo $?                           <------- incorrect error code
0
$ cd output
$ vftovp foo.vf foo.tfm             <------- OK