[tex-k] Problem with large annotations im BibTeX

Jan Tobias Muehlberg muehlber at fh-brandenburg.de
Tue Jul 5 12:46:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am using BibTeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 0.99c in order to build a
annotated bibliography from a bunch of .bib files. Yesterday one
of my colleagues wrote an annotation being about 6577 chars long
and BibTeX bailed out telling me that "Your field is more than
5000 characters". Using google for a few minutes didn't help me
with my problem: I don't want to modify the source code of BibTeX
in order to allow those annotation -- especially because we are
in a quite heterogenous environment here and I don't want to
rebuild BibTeX for five architectures. Any Ideas?

Best,
J. Tobias