[tex-k] Dvips fix for font in EPSF improperly downloaded

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sun Jan 16 10:33:04 CET 2005

> From: "Tomas G. Rokicki" <rokicki at CS.Stanford.EDU>
> I just submitted a fix for the problem where a document includes a
> figure that uses a downloaded PostScript font, and that same font
> is also used by the main document itself.  Dvips was partially
> downloading the font in this case when it should have downloaded
> the entire font.  It now does download the entire font.

Thanks very much.
I've checked that "+35" and "-25"
in the previous example (see below)
are completely printed by the new dvips.
cmr10.pfb and cmsy10.pfb were fully downloaded (not subset).

Best regards,
Akira

%
% test.tex
%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}
This is a test.
\[
+35
\]
\[
\includegraphics{fig.0}
\]
\end{document}

--- fig.0 ---

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
%%BoundingBox: -9 -4 9 4
%%Creator: MetaPost
%%CreationDate: 2005.01.16:1815
%%Pages: 1
%%DocumentFonts: CMSY10 CMR10
 /cmsy10 /CMSY10 def
 /cmr10 /CMR10 def
/fshow {exch findfont exch scalefont setfont show}bind def
%%EndProlog
%%Page: 1 1
-8.8557 -2.7951 moveto
(\000) cmsy10 9.96265 fshow