[tex-k] header special extension proposal

Paul Vojta vojta at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Aug 19 08:52:35 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 08:35:46AM +0200, Hendri Adriaens wrote:
> > My revised test suite:
> >
> > 	http://math.berkeley.edu/~vojta/dvipshack.zip
> >
> > now uses the Greer method for test1.  It also uses a stripped-down method
> > for test2, using the ReusableStreamDecode filter but not a Form
> > dictionary.
> > It also works.
>
> Could you please give a description of the process? Who makes the figure.pro
> file that is used in the end? Which steps would a user have to take?

Starting with test1.tex and figure.ps, one does:

	perl fixeps.pl < figure.ps > figure.pro
	tex test1
	dvips -o test1.ps test1

and, likewise for test2:

	perl fix2.pl < figure.ps > figure.pr2
	tex test2
	dvips -o test2.ps test2

--

Both tests also work with xdvi.

--

There's a third omission that I just remembered.  If figure.ps contains
a line "*EOD*" then there are problems.  The script will have to scan the

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu