[tex-k] header special extension proposal

Hendri Adriaens Hendri at uvt.nl
Fri Aug 19 08:35:46 CEST 2005

> > See the package docs for a reference:
> > http://www.tgreer.com/eps_vdp2.html
>
> Thanks.  That was very helpful.

Welcome :)

> My revised test suite:
>
> 	http://math.berkeley.edu/~vojta/dvipshack.zip
>
> now uses the Greer method for test1.  It also uses a stripped-down method
> for test2, using the ReusableStreamDecode filter but not a Form
> dictionary.
> It also works.

Could you please give a description of the process? Who makes the figure.pro
file that is used in the end? Which steps would a user have to take?

>     o	As noted, it won't work with binary files.  (It also won't work
> 	with text files that use Mac line termination.)  This is fixable
> 	but I don't have time to do it tonight.

Ok.

>     o	The script has the bbox hardcoded in.  It should get the bbox
> 	either from the command line or from the eps file.

That's usual with (e)ps graphics. graphics.sty/graphicx.sty take the bb from
the eps if available. Otherwise they take one from the optional macro
argument or generate an error if no bb found at all. The method of Thomas
Greer indeed needs this bb and I've used \Gread at eps internally to get this.
The new package, demonstrating the dvips extension is here:
http://tug.org/~hendri

The example dir contains the 2 ps files that can be generated with use of
\loadgraphics (testb.tex) and without it (testa.tex).

Best regards,
-Hendri.