[tex-k] [hyperref] How we can acieve Threading in PDF using TeX

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 1 21:00:39 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 10:44:02PM -0700, josef dev wrote:

> I am using Hyperref package, it works well but there is nothing for
> Threading,

Hyperref doesn't deal with PDF threads. Some years ago
I did some experiments (currently available yet:
CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek/holtxdoc.zip,
but the thread part will be removed in future).
But mainly because I dislike this feature I have
not continued and will not continue.

But you are free to do your own experiments, using
pdfmark specials or primitives of pdfTeX.

> There is also one more
> problem, when we use "dvips" driver the option "breaklinks=true" do not
> works

It is not supported with driver "dvips".

> and the link text do not breaks over the lines, it remains on same
> line as in a hbox and goes out beyond the text area, how we can resolve it
> without using "pdftex" driver.

* table of contents: option "toclinkpage"
* \url: package breakurl

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>