[tex-k] Locale-related bug in MakeIndex (was: makeindex breaks up index group on a capitalized entry)

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Tue Nov 2 20:43:22 CET 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:18:53AM +0100, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> if this is meant to implement some stack, shouldn't it then be
>
> #ifdef HAVE_SETLOCALE
>   prev_locale = setlocale(LC_CTYPE, NULL);
>   setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "");
> #endif

Of course---I shouldn't have blindly copied the code.

By the way, this resetting of the locale did make me
curious.  I could not think of any implications of not
resetting the locale back to C---it may only affect some
messages on the console and in the log (for example,
locale's thousands separator in integers), but not the
generated index file.

(Or am I wrong?)

Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze