[tex-k] Re: font metrics and style files from dviljk package

Leif Harcke lharcke at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 16 19:58:48 CET 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
>> However, as you say, it's still in teTeX (and thus still in TeX Live,
>> which is where I see hpfonts.sty --
>> texmf-dist/tex/latex/dvilj/hpfonts.sty).
>
> but that does not have the TFM files, only the sty files

I grabbed the font metrics, virtual fonts, and Karl's sources for building
the virtual fonts from the metrics from the dviljk-2.6.tar.gz archive

  http://www.tug.org/ftp/historic/systems/dviware/dviljk/

and included them in the pclnfss-0.1.tar.gz package I submitted to CTAN.

> we ought to be able to get all this stuff back from an earlier release
> of TeX Live, before 1998. My old CDs are at home, but if anyone has a TL
> 3 or 4, they'll be on there

I diffed a few of the TFM and VF files from dviljk-2.6.tar.gz with those
in my teTeX v1.0.7 distribution, and they matched.  So I think what I've
included in pclnfss-0.1.tar.gz are the latest.

--
Leif Harcke
lharcke at stanford.edu