[tex-live] Re: [tex-k] TeX finding filenames with spaces

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 00:14:30 CET 2004

Pierre MacKay wrote:

>Let's just take the problem I recently published here.  I am required
>to supply an in-RIP color separation for a two-color cover to a
>journal, and the colors must be specified as Pantone Spot colors.  All
>the Latex I can find (I don't happen to use LaTeX because I had to
>develop my formats before LaTeX was sufficiently far along to be
>considered, and I don't know even now whether the in-line PostScript I
>have to use to get display titles right is possible in LaTeX)

now lets not start _that_ argument again! anything you do with inline
PostScript (or inline PDF, indeed,
which is perfectly possible) is by definition format independent.

>tells me
>how to use RGB and, somewhat grudgingly, how to use CMYK.  Spot colors
>are not even mentioned.

I am not clear how this relates to PS vs PDF? Doesn't it simply
demonstrate that the LaTeX folks
did not take color seriously enough at some point?

Sebastian