pdfeTeX as the only engine (was: [tex-live] Re: [tex-k] TeX finding filenames with spaces)

Martin Schröder ms at artcom-gmbh.de
Wed Jan 14 09:57:38 CET 2004

On 2004-01-14 07:48:13 +0100, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> As I can see, this thread has been messed to both mailing lists...

And now we should move it to the pdfTeX list. :-)

> 1. (about the above) just only "very" short notes:
>    a) even having \pdfoutput=0 in the .ini file for XXX format generation,
>       pdf(e)tex still reads pdftex.cfg with output_format 1, so pdf
>       is forced anyway. In consequence, all users have to include
>       the proper command to all their existing input files. Objection!

Accepted. But we have been discussing ways to specify the config
file at the pdfTeX invocation -- that way this problem could be
solved by having a pdtex-dvi.cfg and a pdftex-pdf.cfg

Best regards
        Martin
               Martin Schröder, ms at artcom-gmbh.de
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany
          Voice +49 421 20419-44 / Fax +49 421 20419-10
                    http://www.artcom-gmbh.de