[tex-k] problem with access program

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 22 10:43:57 CET 2003

> I could in the past run access on the attched .sph file and get a dsn6
> file like this:
> access -r 2.0 dom1_fixomit.sph dom1_fixomit.dsn6
>

> I tried to repeat it now and what I get is this error:
> access:Need exactly two arguments.
> Try `access --help' for more information.
>
> I read the help but I see nothing I did wrong.
> can you help me with this?

the help says

  Usage: access -MODE FILE
    MODE is one or more of rwx.  Exit successfully if FILE exists and is
    readable (r), writable (w), or executable (x).

as i see it, you've given it three file names, viz., 2.0 and 2 of
dom1_...

the help fairly clearly suggests it's only interested in one file
name.

perhaps you're thinking of a different access program?